Expand my Community achievements bar.

Session Timeout

Former Community Member
Hi,

I want my customized workspace instance to have no timeout. I can see that from AdminUI User Management with core system seetings SessionTimeout variable can be changed to specific value for all system.

I my case two instance of workspace will work together, one for no session timeout and one for specific session timeout.

Is there a default value (such as -1 (not help)) for SessionTimeout which makes no timeout? And also can it be applied to only to specified deployed instance of Workspace?

Thanks a lot.

Asiye
7 Replies

Former Community Member
What's the desired behavior your looking for? When the user is logged in that they never become logged out of Workspace?

Former Community Member
Yes, that is what I wanted but for only a specific customized workspace. Or specified users.

Thanks.

Asiye

Former Community Member
Well I don't believe you can do it at a user level, as this is a system setting, which impacts the livecycle application such as the AdminUI, Workbench, and Workspace.

The actual value you would want to modify is called assertionValidityInMinutes the default value is 120. I would suggest just cranking up this value to something that would meet your needs.

Former Community Member
I see.

Is there a maximum value that is allowed?

Thanks.

Asiye

Former Community Member
I might consider the security issues you would be introducing if you increase the value that it 'never' times out.

Former Community Member
There apparently isn't any maximum value like if you were to specify -1 to turn the context time off. If you really need this behavior it looks like your going to have to specify a large (int) value.

Former Community Member
regarding the "assertionValidityInMinutes", the manual puts it under the "WorkBench" section... does it also affect WorkSpace and AdminUI? or there's some other parameters we need to change for WorkSpace/AdminUI?

thanks