Expand my Community achievements bar.

Manage Queues doesn't work

Former Community Member
I have a turnkey installation with patch 1b and am attempting to use the Manage Queues facility to share a users ToDo list. According to the documentation the user who has been granted access to the queue will see any tasks that are subsequently assigned - this is, however, not happening. When I logon as the user who has been granted share access I see the To Do list, but it contains no tasks - even though new tasks have been assigned. Can anyone tell me why this would not work as per the documentation?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
In your process, select the user service operation, the click the Task Access Control List (ACL) editor, then click "Add ACL for shared Queue". This setting must be selected as a way to add security measures.

Former Community Member
I tried this but it still doesn't work. Here's what I did:

1. I used workbench to select the assignment step where the queue sharing will occur.

2. I selected the "Task ACLs" tab.

3. I selected the <default ACL> in the "User List" and then clicked on the "Add ACL for shared Queue".

4. I then tested by creating another task that gets assigned via this workflow step. I logged in as the user who I've granted access to the queue via the "Manage Queues" facility. Unfortunately I still don't see any tasks in the queue.

I looked at the documentation available in the help facility and it doesn't make it clear whether I need to do anything else... i.e. do I need to explicitly add each user that I want to have shared access to the "User List" before adding the "ACL for shared queue" to each one - I hope this isn't required - but please clarify.

Former Community Member
Sorry, I made a mistake in selecting the user to whome that task is assigned - I actually does work! Thanks for your help.