Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple form field instances populating ES Process Mgr variables

Former Community Member
Hi ES Process Designers,

I am building up a new process in which the user can add instances of one to many fields in a form. I'm trying to find a way to populate a variable(s) with the second or greater instance of a form field value.

When using a List variable I can retrieve process_data/field[1]. It appears that the form isn't returning a list of all instances as process_data/field[2] remains empty. Possibly I don't understand how the form returns data to the process?

Variable = Variable1, type List

Location = /process_data/FormField

Expression = /process_data/myForm.pdf/ ... /data/FSFIELDS_/FormField[2]

Any assistance with this will be very much appreciated. Thanks,

Rod
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Try posting this on LiveCycle Workbench ES, or LiveCycle Designer ES.

Former Community Member
Hi

Has your problem solved,if not mail mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Level 9
Hi

Try opening your form in Acrobat, and exporting the data.

This will show you the format of your data, and should give you a clue about how to reference it using an xpath expression.

It's also highly recommended that you design an XML schema for your form, which will allow the Xpath expression browser to see "inside" the fields in your form. Please see the Designer docs for more information.

The official LiveCycle training courses also cover these techniques.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

Thank you for your suggestions. They were useful for this and I'm sure will be for future work.

WorkflowUser walked me through another method and supplied an example process that demonstrated how to loop through multiple form field instances contained in a process List variable.

I won't post the sample up as it belongs to WorkflowUser. If anyone else needs solve the problem let me know and I'll help you through it.

Thanks

Rod