Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Customizing Workspace

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have been customizing the Workspace and I wonder why it seems to be needed with strings for all the keys in the "alc_wks_client_ui.properties" file.

For instance I would like to remove the login.version text that is present in the loginSplash-screen.

If I just delete both key and string or just the string I get no splash-screen at all...

So my question is: Is it possible to remove this text and how?

Sincerely

Kim
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Do not delete the keys!

The workspace components try to look up the keys and if not found will probably blow up, as you've seen. If you delete the value from the key the text should just be empty. If you really want to remove the login.version, and feel like recompiling the workspace source code... you can remove the Text component which displays the version information.

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

What I have seen is that if I delete the value from the key I get a blank login-screen. So I guess there is no way around removing the TExt component and recompiling the source.

However I am a little confused of where (in the source code) to find this Text component. Do you know anywhere I can find documentation for where I can find the Text components for the login-screen - or in general more detailed documentation for the WOrkspace source code?

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
Hi Kim, it should be very simple to remove the value from the login.version string. I just modified the alc_wks_client_ui.properties file and recompiled the localization files. And them back to the war file and deploy.

If you're still having issues with this I'll try to blog the steps on how to do this.

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

It is exactly this file I try to change. I am following the guide in:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/es/customizeworkspaceui.pdf

where I have been translating the Workspace to danish. This works fine (I get my danish translation out fine). However when I just try to delete (leave blank) the string values in the file nothing shows up in the loginscreen (everything is white).

Hope you can help me with this

Sincerely

Kim

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

I have been translating Workspace into danish and want to deploy it into another server. However when I copy the .ear-file (which works in my development environmentto the server I still get the english translation when I log in.

Is it not enough to copy the.ear and deply this on a new server or should I do something more?

Hop you can help me.

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
workspace uses your Browser to determine your locale. so i think you won't get a danish workspace unless you choose a danish Browser..guess your current Browser is set to English locale