Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

WorkSpace Open Source

Former Community Member
Hi,

I want to ask if workspace is open source or not,and if it is how can i find it..
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Mohammed,

Workspace is not "open source", but the source is available as an archive file when you install the Samples. For instance, in a turnkey installation of LiveCycle ES, the adobe-workspace-src.zip contains the Workspace ES source at [LC install folder]\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Process_Management\Workspace\.

Hope that helps!

...Gil

Former Community Member
Hi Gil,

Thanks for your help but i want to ask about "adobe-workspace-src.zip" file where is it because i didn't find it at this path

"[LC install folder]\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Process_Management\Workspace\."

and where the archive file of the source.

Former Community Member
Hi Mohammed,

The folder should be located where you installed the LiveCycle server. During the installation, you must also install the LiveCycle Samples. It is one of the options during the configuration of LiveCycle using the LCM. After the installation the samples, it is available on the server. For instance, I browse to the C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Process_Management\Workspace folder in my local installation of the server.

Have you installed the server and do you have access to it? If not, the alternative is to install LiveCycle Workbench ES (the integrated development environment for developing forms and processes) and then connect to the LiveCycle server in question. After connecting, the samples are synced locally and you can access it locally by browsing to the location you installed Workbench. For example, I installed Workbench to C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Process_Management\Workspace\.

Hope that helps to clarify things abit!

...Gil

Former Community Member
Hi Gil,

I installed the LiveCycle ES again and installed the samples but still didn't find the "adobe-workspace-src.zip" file in this path

"C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Process_Management\Workspace"

Former Community Member
Hi Gil,

I would like to get documentation of LiveCycle ES Installation

Former Community Member
Hi Mohammed,

When you ran the LiveCycle Configuration Manager (LCM) during your installation, did you run a turnkey installation? The screen to install the samples should be the screen right after the configuring the Rights credential.

I usually use the turnkey installation. You will see the steps in the section "Configuring LiveCycle ES using Express Mode" on page 11, step 6 at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/es/installturnkey_jboss.pdf (which is located at a link in the Install tab as provided by Robert).

In your existing installation, you should be able to run the LCM again by running the ConfigurationManager.bat located at C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\configurationManager\bin.

Hope that helps!

...Gil

Former Community Member
Hi Gil,

Thanks a lot for your help but still didn't find the "adobe-workspace-src.zip" file in this path

"C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Process_Management\Workspace"

Do u think that this problem related to the LiveCycle ES Version?

i mean that this version with out WorkSpace Source File.