Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Workspace Enabling a Scanned PDF document

Level 4
Hi,

I have a process that is invoked through a watchfolder and I am giving a scanned PDF document as input to this process. I would like to show this PDF in Workspace and then Complete. Is it possible to Workspace Enable a scanned PDF and map it to Assign Task operation as input form variable?
10 Replies

Level 10
You need to be able to put a submit button on that PDF to Workspace enable it.

You basically have two options:

1- You use Assembler and attach a page (with a submit button) to your current flat pdf so you can put a submit button on it.

2- You can have an Interactive PDF as a cover page to route in your process and put your flat PDF in the attachment window.

Jasmin

Level 4
Hi Jasmin,

I tried the second option for a quick solution.

But when we think of the first option you suggest with one difference, which is the PDF form will XFA instead of a scanned PDF document. Is it possible to put a submit button or some other field (e.g. image field) on the form using Assembler service? We can assume that I put an image field on the form with Designer?

Thanks

Level 10
Sorry,

I'm not too sure what you're trying to do. I though you had a Flat pdf to begin with. Are you using an xfa based PDF Form now?

Jasmin

Level 4
Hi Jasmin,

I had better say that my previous post was about a different question.

Now, my question is:

I have an XFA based form and there is an image field on this form. And I would like to display a chart generated with Coldfusion in this field. My final goal is to integrate a dynamically generated chart with the form within a LiveCycle process. Should I use Assembler service or other and how?

Thanks

Level 10
You could set the image field data element from the xfaFrom variable to the data coming from ColdFusion using a setValue.

Jasmin

Level 4
Hi Jasmin,

Actually, I could't manage using setValue service. I read the image from file system as document, and set it to the form schema. May be I make mistake here; how should the xsd of the form be like? And can you provide the setValue expression for setting the image to form? What sdould be the variable types?

Thanks

Level 10
Ok, there a few things you can check.

First, make sure you use an Image Field and not and Image object in your XDP. You can only bind to an image field.

Then click on the image field and load the image you're planning to use and go under XML Source to see how the data is stored. You'll notice the data is base 64 encoded. You need to pass the data the same way.

Once you have the data set properly, you can use an xPath like /process_data/inDataXML/form1/page1/ImageField1 and set that node to the base64 encoded data.

This will put the image data in the image field.

Jasmin

Level 4
Thanks, now I set the image to the form.

There is one thing to ask: I read the posts in other forums that there will be a getDocFromBase64 function in the next release of LiveCyle? Is there also a conversion from document to base64?

Level 10
Yes.

The method will be getDocContentBase64(com.adobe.idp.Document)

Jasmin