Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

FormGuide - Force reload - no Caching

Former Community Member
Hi,

I've tried to build my own letter following the CM - Building Guide,

the form guide also works fine, but if I change something in the Guide the FormGuide is not recompiled when I reopen it in workspace.

Is it possible to look up if the xdp or the guide has changed an force the client to load the current version?

Regards

Johannes
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Lc should be regenerating the FormGuide when it detects a change in the template's timestamp, or when the timestamps of any related collateral become newer than that of the form itself. Any FormGuide change must be applied, and then the form must be saved via the WorkBench Designer's save button.

Also, you can login into Lc adminui and navigate to the Forms admin page where you can manually clear the current forms cache.

-Kevin

Former Community Member
Hi,

this seems to be Browser specific.

IE 7 does not reload the changed formguide. ( only if I clear all temp files )

Firefox 2.0.16 does.

Any ideas why?

My solution is as you recommended to clear the server cache manually.

How does the client request the guide form the server?

Regards

Johannes

Former Community Member
This implies that for IE, the configuration setting for temporary (cache files) may not be correct. I believe it should be "automatic" or "every time you visit the web page".

-Kevin