• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Shot Size

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2007 Dec 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I hope somebody can help me with this issue, it's causing much frustration. :(

I'm recording a demonstration of how to execute a particular function within a website. When I create the project, I'm able to align the screen shot with the red box exaclty how I want to. So, I take the sreen shot of screen 1 and then click to screen 2. When I arrive at screen 2, the nice box for the screen shot I created for screen 1 does NOT align with screen 2. This is a flaw in the website (lack of uniformity in its graphic design) ... however, can I correct it with Captivate? I tried the crop feature when you resize, but this didn't work properly.

Also, why is that you can't specify the size of the screen after already recording once? I ask becuase I tried recording screen 1 on its own... And then screen 2 on its own. With screen 2, I'm not able to adjust the red box precisely as I was able to with screen 1.

Please help Captivate masters!

Thanks,

WCC
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi westcoastchris,

quote:

I'm recording a demonstration of how to execute a particular function within a website. When I create the project, I'm able to align the screen shot with the red box exaclty how I want to. So, I take the sreen shot of screen 1 and then click to screen 2. When I arrive at screen 2, the nice box for the screen shot I created for screen 1 does NOT align with screen 2. This is a flaw in the website (lack of uniformity in its graphic design) ... however, can I correct it with Captivate? I tried the crop feature when you resize, but this didn't work properly.

My suggestion here would be having snapped screen 1 within the red recording area and taken the first screen shot, press the pause on your keyboard button, make sure that the second screen is aligned correctly within the red recording area, press the pause button again and then press the Print Screen key to manually capture the second screen.

quote:

Also, why is that you can't specify the size of the screen after already recording once? I ask becuase I tried recording screen 1 on its own... And then screen 2 on its own. With screen 2, I'm not able to adjust the red box precisely as I was able to with screen 1.

Put simply because you cannot have slides at different sizes in the same Adobe Captivate project file. Whilst you cannot resize the red recording area, you can select a different application in the recording dialog box and then snap this within the red recording area; you can also move the red record box manually by either clicking and dragging on one of the edges or clicking on one of the edges and pressing one of the arrow keys on your keyboard. Note: You move the red recording area 5 pixels (I think) at a time by holding down the Ctrl key and press one of the arrow keys.

If you need to capture screen 2 at a different size you would then need to do this in a separate project file and this separately. You could do this using either the slide navigation options or load the second file at the end of your first project. Whatever method you choose to use you will first need to publish your second screen project as a SWF and include an HTML file. Personally, I would suggest in either cases you choose the option "Open URL or File."

HTH

Regards - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Mark ... I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes!
Best,
WCC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources