• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
Component error Component didn't load. Please try again later.

Search Results

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2007 Dec 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am using RH 7 and will publish with RH Server. Project consists of two handbooks. I need to find a way to clearly show in search results which handbook the resulting topics are from. (Making the handbook name part of the topic title seems too clunky.) Is there a way to have the search results sort by TOC title? E.g., a search would return the following: Handbook 1 - result 1, result 2, result 3 / Handbook 2 - result 1, result 2, etc.? Hope this makes sense!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi boudreaux.

Are you saying that you have the two handbooks merged into a single project or are they two seperate entities? If they are seperate you can publish them to two URLs and direct your users to them. I'm not aware of a way a search can tell the user which project they are looking at if you are merging.

I'd agree using the topic name would be a tidious method. Could you handle it by having a header in a template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to post this query in the RoboHelp Engine forum where there may be more experience of this there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted to RoboEngine to see if anyone there has a solution. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just pondering this question yesterday. In a 12-piece merged project the topics found list can become long, and you can't tell immediately where they live.

My subprojects have topic headers in a consistent style but with different text. In this case, it's Release Notes over several tears for the same suite of applications.

But you have to open a topic first, and then find out it's in Release 1 or Release 10.

What would be the simplest way to tag topic titles for the search database?

Using FAR or a Perl script, you could append (a) to the topic titles in one manual and (b) in the other manual. If you do this last, the two TOCs won't pick up the tags. The Index, too, has been set. You haven't changed the file name, the ID key.

The search compiler should pick up the revised title, I think. Of course, you'll need a popup tooltip or permanent note telling the user what (a) and (b) mean.

Haven't tried it. Is anyone game?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
And I'll check with someone in-house who knows Perl script work-around, although I'm hoping for a different solution. These are two handbooks merged into one project as opposed to two stand-alone projects because we want people to be able to see everything that deals with their search across both handbooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp