Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with making remote toppics when linking with external chm

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everybody,

i m novice to robohelp html when i am creating chm files from my exsisting project that is a robohelp word project which take input doc file in Robohelp word and create .hpj poject and then i open this .hpj project into robo help Html to create chm file . when i m opening this project into robohelp html it is making .xpj project from the hpj project .
but at this time poject has some links with external chm but when i m making hyper link with external chm using Remote toppic option this option i couldn't unable to found any where in robohelp html plz anyone can know help me out from this probelm....................plz...................i need help ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if anyone know how to remote toppic occur in such situation plz let me know,......
Thx

Rgard's

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruziyo and welcome to the RH forums.
If you are opening up your project via the XPJ file in RoboHelp HTML the remote topic should be able to be found by:

- Highlighting what is to be hyperlinked.
- Clicking the Insert > Hyperlink menu item (or use the toolbar icon or Cntl + K).
- Click on the arrow to the right of the "Link To" field.
- Select the Remote Topic option.
- Select the CHM file that contains the topic to which the hyperlink is linked to.
- Select the required topic.

You will be asked to copy the CHM into your project directory. Hope this answers your question. If not, please do come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi McAndrew,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We tried the steps you mentioned, but we are trying to open a RoboHelp word project in Robohelp HTML ( as our input is in word doc,,we are doing like this).

But, when we opening that project and creating to CHM for trying to make hyperlinks to another CHM, we coudnt find the option for remote topic at that time.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ruziyo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Ruziyo.
It has been some time since I have used RH for Word. If you have converted the project to an XPJ file, it should be opened in the RoboHelp HTML application. I don't think the Remote Topic is available in RH for Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp