Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio background not sync with function back and forward

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2006 Jun 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a complexe presentation with several slides.
It's impossible to add audio for each slide in my case.

So i've choose to add my audio in background.
When my project is exported, the functions play and stop are ok.
But when i use function back or forward, it always work with the slides, not with the audio in background.
In fact, the audio track continue in a normal way, and is not synchronize at all...

Is it possible to synchronize the audio background ?
Or is it a bug ??

Thanks a lot...

Alex
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex and welcome to our community

Unfortunately, there is simply no way to do this using the background track. It is, as implied, intended to simply play some nice music as a background. The only way to synchronize is to use Slide level or Object level audio.

Unfortunately, this is a relatively unique request, so I'm very hesitant to even suggest that you submit a feature request for it.

Sincerely... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's a pity... :)

Whan i import audio track for several slides, Captivate propose to distibute track itself or manually. But this method create little cut between each slides... :s

So if a want to have an audio track all along my presentation, without little cut, how can i proceed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex

That is the purpose of the background audio.

Perhaps it will help to advise generally about audio in Captivate. Audio can be added in Three different places.

* Background level - Where it plays continuously throughout the movie and typically stops when the movie ends.
* Slide level - Typically or often contains narration
* Object level - Audio begins playing when the object appears

Hmmm, thinking about it, object level audio seems to want to continue playing even after the object has disappeared from view. Maybe you could try attaching the desired audio clip to a caption or image? Give that a go and see if it maybe comes close to what you are seeking.

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your answers !
I'll try attach audio with Object level and i tell you :)
(hope it works...)

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources