• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems launching exernal .chm

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2006 Jun 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Rick's Tips -n- Trix to open an external .chm pointing to a specific topic. I hope I'm correct in assuming the topic should appear in a new instance of the viewer. I followed his guidelines and created a shortcut command...

* Program to run when shortcut activated = hh.exe
* Program parameters = ms-its:voipgenerators.chm::/sip001.htm

I receive an error message when I click the link that says...Cannot open the file ms-its:voipgenerators.chm::/sip001.htm

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm running on my desktop right now.

Thanks,
Jane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 15, 2006 Jun 15, 2006
Jane,

The path that you specify in the Program Parameters field should match the actual path to the topic file inside the CHM. For example, if you've compiled the topic file into an "html" folder within the CHM then the path would be:

ms-its:voipgenerators.chm::/ html/sip001.htm

To double-check what the path is, open the target topic in the CHM, right-click the topic pane, and then click Properties on the context menu. The address shown in the Address (URL) field is the absolute path to the t...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 14, 2006 Jun 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

Silly question time.

Are you certain that the .CHM file you are linking to is in the same folder as the calling .CHM?

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2006 Jun 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Yes, the .chm file is in the same folder. When I try just ms-its:voipgenerators.chm, I receive the same type of error message. My SIP001.htm file is buried in a sub-folder, and when I try a relative path, that doesn't fix anything either.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jane,

The path that you specify in the Program Parameters field should match the actual path to the topic file inside the CHM. For example, if you've compiled the topic file into an "html" folder within the CHM then the path would be:

ms-its:voipgenerators.chm::/ html/sip001.htm

To double-check what the path is, open the target topic in the CHM, right-click the topic pane, and then click Properties on the context menu. The address shown in the Address (URL) field is the absolute path to the topic file.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I had the relative path incorrect.

It needed to be ms-its:voipgenerators.chm::/SIP/Overviews/SIP001.htm.

Thanks!
Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp