• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I build a single topic (and another wierd build issue)

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2006 Jun 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there an easy way to simply compile one topic for printed materials, or do I need to do a full compile with the separate files flag set to true?

Another odd thing I'm seeing is that when I added a new topic to RoboHelp and compiled for WebHelp, the new topic showed up. I changed my primary layout to Printed Material and did a build - but the new topic did not appear in the PDF or DOC output. Is there something I need to do to get the new topic included?

thanks,
matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2006 Jun 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Matt,

when you generate that printed output, you have the option to include only a singe topics in the output - this is on the second window 'Print Document General - Printed Documentation'. Simply drag the topic to the Chapter Layout area. Is that what you are after?

The second issue is related. You need to make sure that the new topic is included in the Chapter Layout area. When you create a new topic it is NOT automatically included in the printed output.

Hope that helps more than a chocolate teapot
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp