4 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2007 2:27 PM by abeall

Textures question

Cooleyvol
      I'm sure this is a complete noob question, but here goes:

I create a shape.
      I then select the crosshatch3 texture at 22 percent opacity.

The texture that is created is as follows:
      The 'lines' are transparent and the space between the lines (the small squares) are at 22 percent opacity. How do I reverse that so the lines show up and the space between remains the color of the shape I created?
        • 1. Re: Textures question
          Cooleyvol Level 1
          I might add that this occurs with or without the transparent button clicked just below the texture dropdown.
          • 2. Re: Textures question
            Cooleyvol Level 1
            Nevermind, I just created the same texture in my textures folder but used its negative image and that worked.
            • 3. Re: Textures question
              Level 7
              I would start by using your texture at 100, it will be easier to understand
              how it works.
              Check transparent and alter the colour of your Canvas to suit. Leave the
              colour of your object the same.

Peter
              just below the texture dropdown.

• 4. Re: Textures question
                abeall Level 3
                Here's the deal:
                At some point in Firework's past, it used inverse greyscale for alpha. White values in a texture would create transparent areas in Fw, and black areas would create solid areas. All the textures were designed to accommodate this behavior.

At some point, just a version or two ago I think, they changed it so that black areas create transparency and white is solid, which makes more sense. However, the textures shipped with Firework's apparently haven't been changed according to this newer behavior(the preview of the texture you see in the texture menu is also actually inverted compared to the actual file on your system for some reason). As a result, most of the textures in Fw are sort of "backwards" in this sense. There's no way to invert the texture behavior from in Fw. Solution? Do a batch process(this is what I've done). You can do a batch process and easily create an inverted duplicate of every texture with a name postifx, like "_invert".