• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit Button

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2007 Mar 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my form i created in Dreamweaver using Coldfusion. When I am entering data, Somtimes my Submit button does not show on the form. What could possibly cause this to happen?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2007 Mar 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad HTML code?

Would really need to see the page code to help.

--
Ken Ford
Adobe Community Expert
Fordwebs, LLC
http://www.fordwebs.com

"tapping" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:es7c4g$5an$1@forums.macromedia.com...
> In my form i created in Dreamweaver using Coldfusion. When I am entering data, Somtimes my Submit button does not show on the
> form. What could possibly cause this to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

Below is the code. I had to delete a lot of the code before I could send it (like javascript functions, Form elements, and query updates. )

<cfif isdefined("session.businessnum")>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
" http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<cfquery name = "getloanseq" datasource="ezloanchfs" >
select loanseq from counters
</cfquery>
<cfset newinternalid = val(#getloanseq.loanseq#) + 1>
<cfif #getloanseq.loanseq# lt 100000>
<cfset newinternalid = '0' & newinternalid>
</cfif>
<head>
<link href="css/chfsstyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" >
<CFINCLUDE template="application.cfm">
<cfinclude template="chfsmenu.cfm">
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

</script>
</head>
<body onLoad="document.loanapplication.loancategory.focus();if (document.loanapplication.second.value == 'Yes')applyDisplay('');if(document.loanapplication.second.value == 'Yes')applyDisplaytwo('');if (document.loanapplication.third.value == 'Yes')applyDisplaythree('');if (document.loanapplication.third.value == 'Yes')applyDisplayfour(''); while(''+document.loanapplication.email.value.charAt(0)==' ')document.loanapplication.email.value=document.loanapplication.email.value.substring(1,document.loanapplication.email.value.length);while(''+document.loanapplication.secondaryemail.value.charAt(0)==' ')document.loanapplication.secondaryemail.value=document.loanapplication.secondaryemail.value.substring(1,document.loanapplication.secondaryemail.value.length);while(''+document.loanapplication.thirdemail.value.charAt(0)==' ')document.loanapplication.thirdemail.value=document.loanapplication.thirdemail.value.substring(1,document.loanapplication.thirdemail.value.length);while(''+document.loanapplication.ssn1.value.charAt(0)==' ')document.loanapplication.ssn1.value=document.loanapplication.ssn1.value.substring(1,document.loanapplication.ssn1.value.length);while(''+document.loanapplication.ssn2.value.charAt(0)==' ')document.loanapplication.ssn2.value=document.loanapplication.ssn2.value.substring(1,document.loanapplication.ssn2.value.length); while(''+document.loanapplication.ssn3.value.charAt(0)==' ')document.loanapplication.ssn3.value=document.loanapplication.ssn3.value.substring(1,document.loanapplication.ssn3.value.length);" >
<h3 align="center"><strong>Loan Application</strong></h3>
<tr>
<td>
<form name="loanapplication" action="loanapplication.cfm" method="post" onSubmit="return validate(document.loanapplication);" >
</td>
</tr>
<table id="tableone" width="59%" align="center" border="3" style="display:inline-table" bordercolor= "#006666" color= "#006666">

<td height="40"><strong>Date of Loan </strong><span class = "style5"> (i.e.mm/dd/yyyy) </span></td>
<td><input name="dateofloan" value = " <cfoutput>#dateformat(mdate,'mm/dd/yyyy')#</cfoutput>" type="text" id="dateofloan" size="11" maxlength="11" readonly></td>
</tr>
<th height="44" align="left" scope="row"><p>Previous Employer Phone <span class="style5" >(i.e.0000000000)</span></p></th>
<td><input name="thirdpreviousemployerphone" onKeyUp="validother(this);" type="text" id="thirdpreviousemployerphone" <cfif isdefined("form.thirdpreviousemployerphone")> value = "<cfoutput> #form.thirdpreviousemployerphone#</cfoutput>" </cfif> size="10" maxlength="10" onKeypress="if (event.keyCode < 48 || event.keyCode > 57 ) event.returnValue = false;" >
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<th align="left" nowrap="nowrap" scope="row">Source of Other Income
 </th>
<td><input name="thirdotherincomesource" type="text" id="thirdotherincomesource" <cfif isdefined("form.thirdotherincomesource")>value = "<cfoutput> #form.thirdotherincomesource#</cfoutput>" </cfif> size="20" maxlength="20" >
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<input type="submit" value="Submit" >
</form>
<cfset error = false>
<cfset errmessage = arraynew(1)>

<!--- End Insert, update voefile --->
<cfquery name = "getapplicationdata" datasource="ezloanchfs" >
select [xinternal id], [xloan num] as loannum , [xb1 first name], [xb1 last name] from applications
where [xinternal id] = #newinternalid# and [xloan num] = '#newloannumber#'
</cfquery>
<cfquery name = "getloanfortesting" datasource="ezloanchfs" >
select [xinternal id], [xloan num] as loannum , [xb1 first name] as fname, [xb1 last name] as lname from applications
where [xinternal id] = #newinternalid# and [xloan num] = '#newloannumber#'
</cfquery>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
<cfoutput query="getloanfortesting">

var msgs = new Array();

msgs[0] = "#loannum#";
msgs[1] = "#ucase(fname)#";
msgs[2] = "#ucase(lname)#";
</cfoutput>
alert( "Loan Number " + msgs[0] + " has been assigned to " + msgs[1] + " " + msgs[2] + ". You will be re-directed to the CHFS Menu!")
document.location.href = "chfsmenu.cfm";

</script>
<span class="style2"><b> <cfoutput>Loan Number #newloannumber# has been assigned to #ucase(form.fname)# #ucase(form.lname)#.</cfoutput> </b></span>
</cfif>
</cfif>
</cfif>
</body>
</html>
</cfif>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, for one thing your html is not well-formed. This could be because you had to remove much of your code to post the skeleton of it here. For instance, you have your form tag starting inside a <td> tag but your form ends after the table ends. Actually, the <tr><td>...</td></tr> you have the form tag inside is not even in a <table> tag. It will help in lots of ways to correct this and may be causing the issue because it confuses the browser as to how to display the page. It's really hard to tell since the code you posted is admittedly not the entire page code - but it doesn't look to me like a CF issue from what I see here.

On an unrelated not, you may also find it helpful to build your body onload statements and store the content dynamically in a CF variable before starting the body tag . Then you could simply do:

<cfoutput>
<body onLoad="#onload_statement#">
.....page code
</body>
</cfoutput>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any issue with the submit button, but while trimming the code you have removed lots of <CFIF>. If either one is false you might not have executed the whole block. I would recommend to debug step by step using <cfdump> to find where is the code is skipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation