• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

max xml block size?

New Here ,
May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was debugging some ajax code written by a previous programmer. The code builds a large xml variable that basically outputs a large HTML block. Problem was some of the HTML block was getting cut off in Firefox but was OK in Internet Explorer. The programmer had written this blockify function to fix that, but forgot to send the block through the blockify function. Anyway, my real question is… why does blockify help? I can't find anything on a node/entity size limit. Where would I find more information on limits?

Thanks for any clarifications.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm not sure why limited the amount of data per element would make a difference (aside from limiting the total xml document size). I know there is a size limit on the amount of data you can send via a GET request. You can try switching your AJAX call over to a POST, if it is not already. Also, if the size of your response is getting to be an issue, you could always switch from XML to JSON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation