• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to dial a phone number from Cold Fusion

New Here ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My boss asked me if there was any way that a phone number could be dialed from Cold Fusion. We have a website where at some point we want to just click a button and dial that phone number. My guess is that the conversation will then be carried through the computer's microphone and speakers and using the computer's modem.
Let me know if there is a way, or what would be the easiest way to accomplish this, even if it has to be using VOIP, since that's an option for this project.
Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007
There isn't anything in ColdFusion that will do this. You might be able to accomplish this using the Java Communications API.

You might also look at http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=282538&messageID=1103334

HTH

Ted Zimmerman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't anything in ColdFusion that will do this. You might be able to accomplish this using the Java Communications API.

You might also look at http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=282538&messageID=1103334

HTH

Ted Zimmerman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 18, 2007 May 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an internal site or an public-facing site? If you are talking about using this tool in your intranet and you have a modern phone system in place, there may be an API to interfacing with your phone system. We use a TAPI interface to create a phone dialer so our callcenter agents can dial a phone number on their phone just by clicking on a link. I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of freeware/shareware TAPI COM objects you can use floating around the interwebs (If your phone system supports TAPI).

If you are talking about a public-facing website, then I'm afraid I can't offer much advice other than to check out the Java Communications lead that Ted gave you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2007 May 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, it is a public website, we'll host the website but one of our clients is going to be using it to dial the phone numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation