• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH won't compile

New Here ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I'm posting this to the wrong location. I generate WebHelp only, but I suspect problem is more of general system/install nature.

After recent system-wide upgrade to Office 2003 (I know, we're way behind the times here), my RH install will no longer compile usuable output. When I run compile (WebHelp, running RH 5.0.2), I get these errors --

Initializing compiler...
Generating WebHelp 5.50 (13.10.801)...

Template Active Script Error: (null) [Line: 13] (null)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_HOME_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: SF_HOMEPAGE_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH2_HTM
Finished compiling WebHelp in 4 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

Any ideas as to probable cause and likely fix?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have upgraded Word, it is probably as simple as uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp. That makes it find the new version.

Don't forget you need to use your login (not ITs) and you must have admin rights.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks for the quick reply. I should've mentioned that I already tried the uninstall/reinstall option. Even gave IT the appropriate snippet from your page ( http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/installing/installing.htm) to follow re: granting me admin rights. For some reason, that didn't fix the problem -- still can't compile. I've asked IT to retry the uninstall/reinstall (suspicious that they took a shortcut w/ the admin prelim), but have yet to get a response. Any thoughts on cause/fix if reinstall is not the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pass at the moment. I do think this is an install issue.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd back up Peter's theory of an install /security issue. Macros are often seen as a security threat.

I may be barking completely up the wrong tree here but if you go into Word, and click Tools > Options and then clcik on the Security tab, there is a macro security button. My setting is "Medium" and in the Trusted Publishers tab it has Adobe specified. Can you report back if you have these settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum, thanks for your input.

I just checked my Word settings. Under Tools > Options > Security tab > Macro Security button, I also have a Security Level of 'Medium.' However, I show nothing at all listed on the Trusted Publishers tab.

I'm assuming that if RH had the access it needs to Word 2003, I'd see Adobe listed here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely the Word macro security would only be an issue trying to generate a printed output?. Webhelp is the output giving this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You would think so but I was just looking for anything that may be different and the macro setting are. Perhaps the difference gimkrak points out is as a result of an incorrect / incomplete install and may not affect webhelp production but at the moment there is little else to go on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp