• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating Help from C#

Explorer ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this product import and produce documentation for compiled C# assemblies and/or the XML file Visual Studio 2005 generates? I do not want it to parse the project's source code, but to use the actual XML file generated by VS2005...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2007 May 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I assume by the lack of responses that it either doesn;t work this way, or nobody knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2007 May 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wizaerd

I'm guessing you are spot on in your observation!

Generally speaking, I think you will find this forum to be extremely responsive. It's highly unusual for something to go unaddressed for any lengh of time whatsoever. Normally one of us pounces on it the moment we see it pop in if we have half an answer for you.

Sorry... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 21, 2007 May 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you provided a small sample of the "XML file Visual Studio 2005 generates" we might have some suggestions as to how some additional parsing/mapping by other products could be used. Or not...worth a try, anyway.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2007 May 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've used lots of xml in RoboHelp and think you have two options here:

1. Static Output
RoboHelp 5 allows you to import xml and name an xslt stylesheet for the transform. (there are also some default stylesheets). If done correctly, this import produces a static html page that can then be added and displayed by RH in the usual way.
2. Dynamic Output
If you need dynamic display of xml data, you're still going to need a stylesheet, but will also need to create an html page with javascript calls that transform and display the transformed output. (with AJAX, for example). This puts you in the arena of browser detection and using different syntax for different browsers. (there is an additional annoyance of displaying local and server-based output--at least in IE. Firefox doesn't need different syntax). I use this latter approach and construct pages, javascript, etc in an external html editor (Dreamweaver). RH thinks my xml display page is just another html file. It's none the wiser, and, as they say, stuff works. ((javascript, xml, xsl files must be added as baggage files for this to work) You can also look at the Sarissa Library on Sourceforge as a browser agnostic possibility.

Hope this clarifies your question,
Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp