• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verity collection and French Accents

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem I have this french website I'm trying to manage but I'm having trouble with the stupid french accents. If I get the data from the database with a cfquery no problem I jsut add a cfcontent tag with the corect local and bingo all is good.

Now when I ptu the data from the database in a collection then start the problem. I tried with meta tag and cfcontent and a bunch load of other stuff but I still get ??? in stead of the éèçà and so forth. Now my database is mysql on french local, collection was created with the language french option.

I'm not sure what else to try to get those weird char to go up.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the European version of the Verity Locales language pack installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My providere added the french locale and all the european ones too, previously I could not create a french collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2006 Aug 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the trouble, my collection are wit the charset 1252, but I sould be using ISO-8859-1but Im not sure how to change the charset when I create a verity collection. I can change the language but I haven't seen how I can change its charset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2006 Aug 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick idea:
Attempt to change the collation upon reading data from database, something like:
SELECT myText COLLATE charset 1252
FROM table
or try fumbling with the following option for your DB in CF-Administrator:
-- Enable Unicode for data sources configured for non-Latin characters
never used it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is only with verity collection when I index the data. It works fine when juste posting the info with cfquery. I did check my database (mysql) and it is set for the right charset already.

I did try with the collate thing and it wont work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I folowed this link http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_18163

and I did try to go in the style.uni and change all the charset form 1252 to 8859 then reindex the collection but it did not work. I tried diferent language for the create collection but still no luck.

I still cant find a way to change the charset for my collection. My datasource has the right charset since with a cfsearch I get what I want, but it is not a very efective way to search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation