• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Topics related with Image Maps

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to know id there is a way to print the text of the Topics related with Image Maps, cause when the pdf is generated these topics are not considered.

Thanks,
Alba

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alba. Are you asking if there is a way that text can be printed where the text forms part of a popup linked to an image map? If so, this is one of the differences between PDF and online content. What you could do, is add the text popups used in your image maps into a folder in your table of contents. They will then be included in your PDF. You could also add a link or cross reference to these topics in main topic and apply a build tag to exclude this from your online content. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum:
Yes this is exactly what i need to do. The users want to read the content of the pop up´s and since they are
not included in the TOC they don´t appear in the pdf file.
I can add them now and erase them later when the manual is ready.
Don´t really understand the use of tags, but i´ll do some research about how it works.

Thanks 4 your help.
Alba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2007 May 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alba. The use of tags is fairly easy to pick up. You just assign a tag to the topic's properties and when you come to generate your output you can either include or exclude content with these tags by specifiying this in your single source layout properties. First port of call is RoboHelp's help file which explains their use well. This way negates the need to remove the popups from the TOC as provided you have a tag on each popup topic, they can be excluded from online output and therefore not appear in the TOC. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2007 May 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Corum:
I read and just made a text using some tags and i know how they work, now.

Alba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp