• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Airbrushing & getting rid of double chin

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2006 Mar 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having difficulty finding the right tool to tighten up a double chin or remove a little from a person's waistline in a photo. Does anyone know the best tool(s) to use??? Thanks for your help!

Dian
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dian,

Maybe the Liquify filter will help - perhaps using the warp or pucker
settings?

Byron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dian,
There are 2 tools which I can recommend:
1. The free transform function - Image>Transform>free transform
2. Liquify filter - Filter menu>distort>liquify
Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Just removing the shadow can hide the double chin. You can use the healing brush or the clone tool set to lighten. After the shadow is removed the results from the liquifiy tool will look much better.

Butch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit OT, but I had a great picture of our cat, but in the background there was a monster Dust Bunny under the table that was just amazing.
So I just Photoshopped it out, and one of our kids was watching, and she said, "This is the way my Mom does housework!".
I do have the before and after pictures.

So the answer to this, is yes, you can do most anything to a double chin or shadows or things that you need to correct. Ice cream all over my grandson's chin, yes its gone.
Just remember to zoom way in and go slowly and carefully on a duplicated layer. Dupe the whole picture just to be safe.
Blur, clone, healing brush, liquify gently, go for it.
Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2006 Mar 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dian -- I'm a Smudge Tool fan myself for smoothing out excess chins or other wrinkles. (But then many of the artists who do the weekly Challenges know that that's one of my favorite tools.)

Because the Smudge Tool can create a "soft" edge where contrasting colors meet (where chin meets the background, for instance), I usually "select" the subject first and do a copy/paste to a new layer, then clean up the edges of the pasted object with the Eraser Tool, before using the Smudge Tool. If the edge gets too soft, I can use a hard-edged Eraser Tool to tighten the edge back up. I start with a very low setting on the Smudge Tool and work my way up to what feels right. The Smudge Tool gives you the feel of pushing the pixels around. The Dodge Tool set at a very low level can sometimes be used to lighten the chin shadows prior to using the Smudge Tool. You would need to experiment with the Range on the Option Bar (Midtone or Shadow) to get the right result.

Depending upon the background near the person's waist and the type of clothing, you can also sometimes narrow a waistline by making a selection of both the background and the waist area, doing a copy/paste of the selection, and then using the Move Tool to gently reposition the selection in a bit (repeat on both sides). With the Move Tool selected, in addition to your mouse, which is sometimes hard to control for very small movements, you can use your arrow keys to move the selection in tiny increments, left, right, up, or down. The selected background covers up the fatter area of the waist 🙂 When you're happy with the waist size, you can use a variety of tools to blend the selection with the original (Clone, Smudge, Eraser) so it's difficult to tell that the waistline has been altered. I've used this technique for a too wide jaw with good results, also.

And as Jane said above, ALWAYS work on a copy of your original. Create the copy BEFORE you start making any changes.

Marilyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2006 Mar 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dian,

If you can get access to any one of Scott Kelby's "Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers" there are two excellent sections (Retouching Portraits and Body Sculpting) that have made me very popular with the senior ladies in our circle of friends. :)

Try your local library.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quick Guide to Removing Double Chin in Photoshop

Open Your Image in Photoshop:

Launch Photoshop and open the image you want to edit.
Select the "Lasso Tool":

Choose the Lasso Tool from the toolbar to draw a selection around the double chin.
Feather Your Selection:

Feather the selection (found in the top menu) to create a smoother transition between the edited area and the rest of the photo.
Use "Content-Aware Fill":

With the double chin selected, go to Edit > Content-Aware Fill. This tool intelligently fills the selected area with content from surrounding pixels.
Adjust Opacity if Necessary:

After applying Content-Aware Fill, adjust the opacity of the edited area to ensure a natural blend with the rest of the photo.
Refine with the "Clone Stamp" Tool:

Fine-tune the results by using the Clone Stamp Tool to clone nearby pixels and eliminate any remaining imperfections.
Zoom In for Precision:

Zoom in for a closer look while refining details, ensuring a polished and realistic outcome.
Save Your Edited Image:

Once satisfied with the changes, save your edited image to preserve the refined version.
Remember, subtlety is key when using these tools to maintain a natural appearance. With these simple steps, you can confidently enhance your portraits and put your best face forward in photos. To remove double chin photoshop to have to pay attention to the article most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines