Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Problems/No Topic

Aug 07, 2006 Aug 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in RoboHTML/RoboHelp x5 on Windows XP.. for some reason everytime I bold text RoboHelp happily turns my text blue and underlines it as well.. why? I have everything set fine in the Style, so why doesnt RoboHelp apply it to my text? Anyone have a guess?
Also, sometimes when I try to edit a topic in RH the topic doesnt even display in the work pane and I have to close and re-open the project before it will display.. Any ideas about that one?
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 17, 2006 Aug 17, 2006
wow. do you have any idea who is in this group? It is not populated by Adobe support staff, with nothing better to do than answer user questions. This group is full of people who have regular - other - jobs, mostly in tech writing or training, who use the products and are willing to share their experiences.

If you don't get a timely response, it may very well be that the others in the group have not experienced the same issues (I for one have not, and I have been using RH for huge projects for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that no one has an idea what I am talking about? Should I learn to accept no response? I though users could come here for help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. do you have any idea who is in this group? It is not populated by Adobe support staff, with nothing better to do than answer user questions. This group is full of people who have regular - other - jobs, mostly in tech writing or training, who use the products and are willing to share their experiences.

If you don't get a timely response, it may very well be that the others in the group have not experienced the same issues (I for one have not, and I have been using RH for huge projects for almost ten years now), and why bother posting that? Would you want to read a stack of "I dunno" responses? If the issue is that critical to you, your best bet is software support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't work on a network; RH absolutely hates that!

You might also have to work on your style sheet.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi jartimus

In your defense, I do see that you have waited ten days for an answer. Sorry about that. However, as LMarden said, either we are all totally stumped or simply busy.

I think Leon is probably on the right track with checking styles. I'd first try configuring no style sheet and see if the problem clears. If so, you know it's style related. To easily configure no style sheet, click the icon in the toolbar that looks like a little notepad. It should be comfortably nestled between the 100% and the large underlined A.

For the bit about topics disappearing on you in the WYSIWYG editor, this has been a RoboHelp HTML quirk for years. I think it's primarily a resource issue. For example, it seems to happen with more frequency if I run multiple applications. But it still happens. I recently upgraded to a Dell computer with 1 gig of RAM and I still see it from time to time. The only way around it I'm aware of is to close and restart RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp