Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Template Hyperlinks - How to Add?

Explorer ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

In my project template footer I have the text Return to top; from the text I link to a bookmark "Top" located at the top of the topic. This enables the user to return to the top of the topic without scorlling.

For each topic I create based on the header, I need to add the link from the footer to the bookmark. I tried to create the link within the template as the functionality is used throughout the project. However, when attempting to create the template link, the .hht file does not appear in the list of options.

Can I create the link within the template? If so, how?

Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007
Hi CR01. You can do this by adding your bookmark in the desired location, going to the footer of the template and adding your link. In the "Link To" field enter the name of your template file followed by your bookmark (e.g. template.htt#bookmark).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CR01. You can do this by adding your bookmark in the desired location, going to the footer of the template and adding your link. In the "Link To" field enter the name of your template file followed by your bookmark (e.g. template.htt#bookmark).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's much easier than that. The default link for the top of a topic is "#".

Pretty neat, huh? The best part is: no broken links when you rename a topic!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job, Leon!

This is a trick I always show folks in class and they are constantly stunned. It's slick and it works well.

Cheers! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2007 May 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Slick indeed. Thanks Leon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp