• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form File field --help

Participant ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an upload page and action...when I submitted to the action page it uploads a file to server then read the excel file then check the db if column data already exists in db it display a msg so when one clicks "append the data to the exsting db", I forward the users to the same action page then I am losing the value of <input type="file" name="brw" > from the orginal page....

is there a way to keep that value through the process without refreshing the page ?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can't set a value for the <input type="file"> control.. since the "value" attribute is of "read-only" type..

Meanwhile you can show the file name in a div and can place that just below the file control..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont understand you..Please be more clear for the 2nd sentence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emmim44,

I was trying to say since it is not possible to put the name of file on the <input type="file" control.. Put up a <div> tag just below or near to the file control and show the file value there...

Got clarified? :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When you show the name on main page, what is the benefit to what I am trying to succeed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation