• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find and replace by text and style

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2007 Apr 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fairly large RH HTML project (300+ topics so far) most of which have a specific heading in Heading2 style. We want to change all of these to a style based on Heading2, but not use the Heading2 style b/c we don't want them to show up in the TOC. I have created a new style and can obviously open every topic and manually select and change each one - but I'm hoping that one of your RH gurus will tell me an easier way. Is there anything comparable to MS Words Find/Replace that will search the whole project for a specific word in a specific style?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2007 Apr 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAR from http://www.helpware.net will find each one and you can choose to replace or skip. BKReplaceEM (Google it) will do a find and replace but I am not sure if you can see each Find and choose whether to replace or skip.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp's Multi-File Find and Replace (in the Tools tab) should be suitable for this job, and you can control each occurrence as you choose. (Where this RH utility fails is when your search string might sit on more than one line, which won't be the case here.)

You'll run two replacement passes (spaces added to < & > tags for proper viewing in this forum):

Replace < h2 > with < p class=YourNewStyle >
Replace < /h2 > with < /p >

The < h2 > and < /h2 > strings will never be split between lines, so RH will catch every one.

BTW, Add me to the list of FAR boosters; it'll let you change case, change file names, etc., etc., etc. Great tool!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This is great -but I have a follow-up question - I was able to do this with one pass, changing
< h2 > mytext < /h2 >
to < p class=MyNewStyle > mytext < /p >

but although both h2 and MyNewStyle are bold - the replaced text is no longer bold. Is that because I did the change with a single pass? Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 30, 2007 Apr 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The reason I suggested two passes was to prevent any problems with the head title at all.

You did, however, remove the spaces before and after the tags, didn't you? As I said earlier, "(spaces added to < & > tags for proper viewing in this forum)." I'd go back to your original set of files and do two passes.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp