• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software Video Camera

Explorer ,
May 02, 2007 May 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Software Video Camera defunct? RoboHelp 6 doesn't seem to have it. It's listed in the featurs, however.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2007 May 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say I've ever used it as Captivate (formally RoboDemo) has taken over as Adobe's tutorial tool. If you can afford a licence I'd definitely buy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 03, 2007 May 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Though I am now an Adobe Captivate instructor, I have fond memories of Software Video Camera because it was the only thing available back in the mid-90s. It is a relic of the non-streaming, pre-web world when the only way to capture screen movement was by capturing in an .avi file which becomes so large it can only be delivered on CD realistically.

As I recall, it was limited to 16-bit, 256 colors and you had to dumb down your graphics adapter to make it work. It makes sense that they left this oldtimer out. I last used it about 5 years ago and it seemed to conflict with modern video adapter cards. A static screen capture/image editing tool has been added, RoboScreen Capture.

If that kind of non-Flash capture is absolutely necessary, there are plenty of freeware-shareware substitues. My favorite is RiverPast Screen Recorder Pro
Thanx,
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp