• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File links

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2006 Jul 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can certainly link to and open a file from within RH, but if I edit the file can I then save it (Ideally with a new name)?

Also, I seem to be unable to open PDF files.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about links to topics within the RH project? If you are, then provided you rename the file within RH (not via Windows Explorer), then RH will amend the link. You will of course need to regenerate / republish the output.

Did you include the PDF file in the baggage?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, the Baggage advice worked!

Wrt to opening files, I need to not only access external files (MS Word), but allow updating and saving to exisiting addresses. For example, the RH library will refer the user to a template 'Development Request' form, the user will complete it and save with a new name, for subsequent processing by the Development department

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I cannot see a way of people creating new documents and the RH project knowing about them.

The closest you can get, I think, is to create links to documents that are created empty and those are used for the new stuff. Plenty of drawbacks to that.

How about a link to an external document that lists all the target documents? That could be updated as required and RH would only have to link to the list.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp