• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unknown exception while copying project

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a Problem with RoboHelp HTML when i copy the project and save locale after a wile i get

Error, unknown exception. Please contact RoboHelp HTML Technical Support.

The connect to the Database was successfull and the installation Version is 5.02. The Machine is a Win XP Pro SP2 and all other connaections over the net to the servers are working. I got an error before that he couldn't copy one file, so i renamed it and it works. Now he stopped while copying files from the Project I think. I have no clue why this is happening, all other users are working well only this new installation wouldn't work. I tried different installations but without a real error code or description it is very hard to solve the problem.

Please can anyone help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 06, 2007 May 06, 2007
Hi every1

The Problem has been fixed, it was an failure while the installation that occured but not viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said: "only this new installation wouldn't work."

An installation must be performed on a local machine by that machine's user, who must have administrator rights (at least during the installation process).

In addition, are you copying all the source files to your machine?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I install RoboHelp on a fresh installed computer,
I'm a Admin and the installation is successfull but then i start Robohelp HTML and try to copy the project for local use and this aborts with the errormessage unknown exception

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any files copying or does it stop at the beginning. Are there any Firewall issues that have not been addressed on the new machine.; also Lan connection exceptions etc.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Connection to the Database with RoboSource control is Successfull LAN works, every other User wich is using RoboHelp is working while I try to install it. So the Server Works also, only this Project Copying did not work.

I don't think that he has stopped at beginning, it seems so that some are copied at in this process it stops.
I'll try that again on a test mashine!

I think LAN and Server may not the problem cause they work propably at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2007 May 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every1

The Problem has been fixed, it was an failure while the installation that occured but not viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2007 May 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I am having the same problem, installing on a newly rebuilt pc. Can you explain your solution for me please?

Catherine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp