Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

who is online

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created my own forum from scratch for use on my website and I got a feature in the application file that counts the active number of sessions.

Now, I want to be able to show my members who are online, a list of other members who are online. I want this done in real time and not have to update the DB with last activity then check for last activity...etc...can anyone help or point to an approiate tutorial

much thanks
Craig
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there are tutorials out there (check easyCFM.com), but you could probably accomplish something simple using an array in the application scope and the onSessionStart() and onSessionEnd() methods in the application.cfc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
funny you mention easyCFM.com that is where I was right before I posted here...lol..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation