• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mini Folders in Bagage and Styles Folders

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a project and found a lot of empty folders in the "Baggage" and "Style Sheets" folders under the Project Tab. These empty folders have the same names as the folders in the HTML Files (Topics). I wanted to know what the purpose of those empty folders are.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007
Hi Saint-Antonio and welcome to our community

When you look at the folders in the RoboHelp Explorer pane, they have icons on them. I refer to these as "Pseudo-folders", as they aren't really folders you would see on your hard drive in Windows Explorer. But when you create folders from inside RoboHelp HTML, you ARE actually creating live folders in Windows Explorer. You are just using RoboHelp to accomplish it. The folders you see here are the actual folders you have created.

If you wish to sup...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saint-Antonio and welcome to our community

When you look at the folders in the RoboHelp Explorer pane, they have icons on them. I refer to these as "Pseudo-folders", as they aren't really folders you would see on your hard drive in Windows Explorer. But when you create folders from inside RoboHelp HTML, you ARE actually creating live folders in Windows Explorer. You are just using RoboHelp to accomplish it. The folders you see here are the actual folders you have created.

If you wish to suppress their view, click the View menu and DE-select "Empty Folders".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saint-Antonio and welcome to the RH community. Some of the elements of a RH project (e.g. baggage files, images) mirror the folder structure of the topics. If a baggage file is added, it is added in the folder where the file exists. Therefore you may have "empty" folders in baggage, style sheets, images, etc. but in fact the folder is not empty as it contains the topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! Sorry Rick. Didn't see you there 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH uses an Access database engine to keep track of things. Those "folders" are not really "there" but instead are a "display" of a portion of the database that keeps track of the project. (Not sure how else to describe it.)

Not a good idea to mess with them. 8^)

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oops, didn't see Rick AND Column there when I started my reply!

Fine minds think alike, or something like that.

GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp