Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding text not working as i would like

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2007 Apr 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working from Robohelp X5 and have often been using expanding text within my project. When im creating my expanding text and hyperlinking funtions it appears to look the way i have set it up however, after publishing my project some of the expanding text are already open (cascaded) and some are closed. I would like them all to be closed unless selected by the end user.

How can I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing to add to this issue...the font size etc that i set for my expanding text looks good until i publish and then some of the text (only some) are big and bold.

I would also like to mention that my expanding text is hyperlinked to other information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you apply a hyperlink to any size of text, RH will apply the hyperlink style in the css stylesheet, which specifies the character size.

The challenge is to apply your text specs after the phrase that begins with

<a href= .................>

This is hard to achieve in WYSIWYG, because the RH html viewer takes some shortcuts compared to the WebHelp output code.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Following up,

The script that inserts the text may be interpreting your hyperlink at the beginning of the text as part of the expansion code, automatically opening the expanded text.

TrueCode can offer a clue or two.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp