Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

robohelp webhelp on unix/linus?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2007 Apr 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

folks,

a second newbie question: can robohelp webhelp output be deployed to a unix/linux based platform? can it be deployed to windows based platform, but one w/o IIS as the http server?

i realize 'robohelp6 server' requires a windows based platform with IIS -- but is IIS essential? could Apache be substituted for IIS?
actually, is 'robohelp6 server' necessary? or could robohelp output be sponsored on a more basic linux platform w/apache?

thanks, ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2007 Apr 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you take a look at John Daigle's article on RoboHelp Server 6.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/rhserver.html

You do realise you only need RoboHelp Server 6 if your output is one of the Pro versions. WebHelp and FlashHelp will work without Server 6.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
peter,

i must admit, there are a LOT of things i realise i don't know.

as it happens, i don't have a pro version, and am using webhelp, so i guess i'm fine.
i did talk to john -- and i'm pretty sure we won't need any natural language search capability. so i guess i'm fine from that point of view as well.

NOW, i realise that i'm ok.

thanks for your help to lift a bit of a veil of newbie syndrome.

ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp