• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic List/Menu Customization

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2007 Apr 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been racking my brain on how to customize a normal list/menu item. I have a dynamic menu that pulls all 50 US states from my database. So initially the menu is set at [select a state] when you click the menu list drops down and you can choose your state.

When you create a list/menu item, it always has the same black font and white background, how can I change this?

Any help would be appreciated.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all you are looking at doing is changing the colour scheme then you can use CSS attached to the SELECT member, or the actual OPTION member.

I am, of course, assuming you are using SELECT as your dropdown menu.

NOTE: Some browsers and/or versions will not alter the SELECT with CSS. You will probably get a mixture of results across the board, but most will look ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Glen, I'll give it a shot and repost.

Evenually, i'd like to create the state icons next to the state name, but this is a little out of my reach 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: slegendre
Thanks Glen, I'll give it a shot and repost.

Evenually, i'd like to create the state icons next to the state name, but this is a little out of my reach 😃

SELECT members can not support images ...so if you want to do that, then you have to start using DHTML for creating menus etc :)

SoThink has a great little product for making DHTML menus, and with a little tweaking it works well with CF and has plugins for DreamWeaver and Frontpage etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks i'll check it out and shoot a reply soon after. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation