• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RSS feeds with ColdFusion?

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2007 Apr 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a forum search here for this before posting but didn't really find a definitive answer.

Is there a good tool to generate RSS feeds when you're using ColdFusion as a platform?

A couple of years ago I purchased a plugin from Interakt (sp?) that generated RSS feeds using PHP very quickly (connecting to the database, etc.). I just had to enter the parameters that I wanted syndicated and PRESTO! Instant RSS!

Is there a comparable tool (Dreamweaver type plug-in or stand-alone application) for ColdFusion? I'm switching all of my coding efforts to ColdFusion this year for the college where I work.

thank you!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download CFBlog from Ray Camden, he has some code that generates some real nice RSS output.

www.riaforge.org

You may find other CF resources there that accomplish your goal too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RSS files are just basic XML formatted text documents with a few required syntaxes. If you have another file to use as a guide, you can easily just create your own dynamic RSS output in CF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2007 Apr 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Is there a good tool to generate RSS feeds when you're using ColdFusion as a
> platform?

You just have to write a xml file with cffile.
You can find the syntax here : http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss

JiBé

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation