• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 - blank popups

Apr 03, 2007 Apr 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RoboHelp 9 and have created several help files. For some odd reason I have enountered blank popups.
Previously all the pop-ups were fine i.e. they could be viewed on all the PC's in our office. Up until today, on 3 other machines the pop-ups in the CHM file's are blank, but on my PC it is fine. All PC's are using windows XP with SP2 (including my PC).

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

thanks
S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi schew01 and welcome to the RH community.
Have anything changed on these PCs that hasn't on your PC (e.g. windows updates? I'm assuming that you haven't changed the CHM at all? Also are there other PCs apart from yours that are OK or are you the only one where it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Thanks for the welcome.

The CHM file hasn't been changed. As far as I know nothing has changed on these PC's. Out of the 6 machines I tested on, the popups worked on 3, but did not work on the other 3.
As for the window updates, we all have this option turned on to update & install automatically.

We are all scratching our heads here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try checking the setting in Internet Explorer for any anomolies between the PCs - particularly in the area of ActiveX controls. If there are none, maybe try and identify whether anything was changed on the three PCs where the CHM doesn't work (e.g. new software, configuration settings, etc.). Perhaps your DBA may know something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp