Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashpaper problem with CF 7.0.2 Standard and IE 6

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2007 Apr 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Im trying to output content in Flashpaper. The code works on the developer version of CF 7 through IE 6, but when I move it to the production server running CF 7.0.2 standard it fails to show up in Internet Explorer 6. It works with Firefox right away.

Heres the bizarre part. If i create a simpler version of my page like the one below, it shows up in IE6, but the moment I add any thing like #cfdocument.currentpagenumber# of #cfdocument.totalpagecount# as well as when I add the queries that generate the data for the page, it all stops working:

<--- If I add my queries and cfswitch etc here it stops working but the portion below works--->
<cfdocument format="flashpaper" margintop="0.5" marginbottom="0.5" marginright="0.5" marginleft="0.5"> <cfdocumentitem type="header"><cfoutput>blah blah blah</cfoutput></cfdocumentitem>
<table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='780'>
<tr>
<td>header1</td>
<td>header2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>text1</td>
<td>text2</td>
</tr>
</table>
<cfdocumentitem type="footer"><cfoutput>Page 1 of 1</cfoutput></cfdocumentitem>
<--- If I add #cfdocument.currentpagenumber# of #cfdocument.totalpagecount# in the footer it stops working--->
</cfdocument>

Please help as I have to deliver this by Monday. Any suggestions. the server is running standard cf 7.0.2 and has both cumulative hot fix1 and cumulative hot fix 2 on it

Thanks
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2007 Apr 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved most of the problems but it seems that as long as I have cflocation tag within the logic of the code, the flashpaper document does not load on CF 7.0.2 standard. I get a blank screen. If I replace it with javascript to change the url it also results in the same.

Is there a reason for this - that using cflocation wihin a conditional logic causes the main flashpaper document to not load? Appreciate any help

Also is there a standard way to debug Flashpaper problems using server side logs. So far I havent been able to find any way to look under the hood.?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2007 Apr 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The following code is based on the MX7.0.2 scenario you describe. Yet it runs on IE6 SP1 (Windows 2000 Professional SP4). It even adapts when you press browser's refresh button.

I don't understand the reason for cflocation. Why would you construct a document, only to redirect away from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation