• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfexecute problem

Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run the following code notepad doesn't pop up. I get a timeout error. If I set the timeout to 0 nothing occurs at all.
The coldfusion service is running under it's own account with permissions on the network.

<cfexecute name="C:\WINNT\System32\notepad.exe" timeout="2"></cfexecute>

Any ideas?

Thanks.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have seen this when Coldfusion is installed on a multi-server configuration and the admin instance and notepad.exe are not running as the same user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It is popping up. You just cannot see it, because services run on invisible desktop, different from the default interactive desktop.
You have to chek "Allow service to interact with desktop" option in the service properties in order to run CF service on the default desktop. After that you will see the Notepad window.

You are getting the timeout error, because notepad.exe never terminates (see above). When setting timeout to 0, you just start another detached invisible instance of notepad.

You also can use CFX_EXEC to launch Notepad on interactive desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation