Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catching errors in web services

Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a web service that I am adding error handling to log and notify me of anything that I haven't already caught with specific cftry/catches. I put an onError function in my application.cfc. When I test my error handling by calling the .cfc as a component from a .cfm template, it works great. The onError logs the error and sends me an email.

When I test using a .Net app and call the .cfc as a web service, something besides my onError seems to catch the error. It returns "coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException: [coldfusion.runtime.UndefinedVariableException : Variable apple is undefined.]" (My test is trying to add 1 to apple (which is not defined) ).

Whatever this mysterious handler is correctly identifies the error. But, it is not calling my routines to log and email me.

Anyone have a clue how to catch errors in web services???

Thanks,
Mike
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2009 May 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mferris,

Looks like I'm facing the same exact situation trying to use onError() method in a webservice:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1986620#1986620

I would be very happy to know how did you successfully solve this problem. Thanks.

-Salvo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation