• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Components Visible in Web Browsers

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2007 Mar 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a coldfusion component problem and unfortunately I have not been able to find any information on it. Any help anyone could give me, including some different keywords I could try searching for answers with, would be greatly appreciated. My website is on a shared hosting system and if I type the url of my cfc's into the browser all of the text that is not inside coldfusion tags (all of my sql statements in this case) gets displayed in the browser. Are people usually supposed to be redirected to the coldfusion administrator login rather than seeing the page? Does anyone know if this might be a coding problem or something that some hosting providers disable? I've had a hard time trying to find information about this and I'm not too familiar how the Coldfusion Administrator handles the display of cfc files.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like its an issue with the Internet Server on your host macine not recognizing the CFC file type correctly. Possibly an incorrect ISAPI mapping. I would recommend contacting your hosting provider and alerting them to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My website is on a shared hosting system and if I type the url of my cfc's into the browser all of the text that is not inside coldfusion tags (all of my sql statements in this case) gets displayed in the browser.

Not good, Mr. Provider, no, sir.

... might be a coding problem or something that some hosting providers disable?

Certainly not a coding problem. Possibly a mistake in configuring the web server for Coldfusion's file types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 24, 2007 Mar 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have this type of configuration problem, would you still be able to instantiate cfcs within your application using createObject()?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2007 Mar 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had similar wonderings, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2007 Mar 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of your comments so far.
Yes I can instantiate the component using this code
<cfobject component="cdwg" name="myComponent">
<cfset cfcRef = "#myComponent#">
Is this what you were thinking of?
My hosting provider responded to me and said the cfc files won't work because

"won't work in our hybrid environment because Apache server doesn't know where to redirect .cfc file"

Does anyone know of an alternative way to redirect people away from cfc files without using the administrator? I do not have access to configure the web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> soccermagu
> Is this what you were thinking of?

Yes. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Soccermagu,
"Apache server doesn't know where to redirect .cfc file" makes little sense to me. All your provider has to do is configure Apache and Coldfusion properly. Ask your provider to go through the following steps.

Configuring Apache for Coldfusion MX on Windows

Configuring Apache for Coldfusion MX on Unix

Have you ruled out the combination MX 6.1 and Apache 2.2? Coldfusion MX 6.1 does not support Apache 2.2. Still, there are ways. Here's one way to make MX 6.1 and Apache 2.2 work together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation