1 2 3 Previous Next 190 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2009 11:43 AM by dave milbut RSS

Wind in the willows

TheedarkOverLord
      She is growing up to fast, everytime i see her she has changed.
      • 0. Re: Wind in the willows
        BranderChatfield Community Member
        Hugs and Congrats Thee!
        • 2. Re: Wind in the willows
          TheedarkOverLord Community Member

In this image you can see that big nasty strawberry on her loaf, its getting bigger, but they keep asuring us it will go. (I just want to stick a pin in it)

Damn i even got grey hairs up my nose......
          • 3. Re: Wind in the willows
            greenjumpyone Community Member
            She changes and you look the same! ;)

Mat, it's good to "see" you again! The little tree is adorable, as usual. :D
            • 4. Re: Wind in the willows
              StevieJV Community Member
              Wow Matt man, looking good ! (the both of you) ;)
              • 5. Re: Wind in the willows
                dave milbut Community Member
                awwww!
                • 6. Re: Wind in the willows
                  proudest monkey (hpwt) Community Member
                  ((in unison with dave))

awwww!
                  • 7. Re: Wind in the willows
                    awwww!
                    • 8. Re: Wind in the willows
                      proudest monkey (hpwt) Community Member
                      ((one more folks... then we can have 4 part harmony!!)) :-)
                      • 9. Re: Wind in the willows
                        BranderChatfield Community Member
                        <Mamma Sang Tenor> awwww!  </MST>
                        • 10. Re: Wind in the willows
                          Community Member
                          5 part harmony?! AWWWWWWWW

She's beautiful, Mat.
                          • 13. Re: Wind in the willows
                            mrsdu
                            Matt, she is adorable, and you're are looking pretty good too :)
                            • 14. Re: Wind in the willows
                              Bert-Bert Community Member
                              Awwwwww!
                              • 15. Re: Wind in the willows
                                thanx all, hey love that baby smiley RandyBrandy.

When I drop into this topic I always here a lovley 4 part harmony awwwwww :-)

She has her first tooth, she can stand by her self if she hold onto something. She is also starting to verbelise, this is the time I want to be close to her, and miss nothing. But everytime I meet her something new has happend.

This time Joan got Willows ears pierced, I am most angry, but there is nothing i can do. I have a feeling that she has also had a Christerning. Which I did say I didnt want, and that we did both agree before Willow was born that we would wait untill she was old enough to choose for her self.

I see Willow a a wonderfull privalage and experince in life for both myself and willow, it is my aim to bring her up the best I can trying to let herr be her own person. It seems to me Joan is trying to create a Mini-me Joan and treats her more like a doll to mold than a person. opps im taking what is suposed to be a happy thread in the wrong direction. I will go and look for more photos.
                                • 16. Re: Wind in the willows
                                  <shep> Community Member
                                  You're a good doting dad, TDO.
                                  :)
                                  • 17. Re: Wind in the willows
                                    Community Member
                                    Awwww...
                                    • 18. Re: Wind in the willows
                                      Hey, my turn to say...

AWWWWWWWWWW
                                      • 19. Re: Wind in the willows
                                        very cute thee
                                        • 20. Re: Wind in the willows
                                          > very cute thee

translation: awwwww! :)
                                          • 21. Re: Wind in the willows
                                            hello toad. hello R_

?

please dont respind, im trying to prove a point.
                                            • 22. Re: Wind in the willows
                                              (John_Levine_IOPHFI_INH) Community Member
                                              Adorable Mat... Just ADORABLE!

OK.... AWWWWWWW! ;-)

(You're looking well, also!)
                                              • 23. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                Point proven, TDO
                                                • 24. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                  Thomas Ireland
                                                  Very cute, Thee.

If it looks like she's changing everyday, it's only because SHE IS!

When my daughter was that age, it cost about .45 in film and developing every time I snapped the shutter. Now with digital, it's nearly free, so take lots and lots of pictures. Then share them here with us!
                                                  • 25. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                    yes but you saw her changing dude, I see these masive jumps :-(
                                                    any way fingers crossed im seeing her this weekend ;-)

thank goodness we have digital cameras now though. I still have a box with about 15 un developed films in from years ago. I havnt got a clue whats on most of them any more.

How long could I expect an undeveloped bog standerd film to last that has been used ?
                                                    • 26. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                      Thomas Ireland Community Member
                                                      As for film, I've heard that it keeps best before exposure but after that it should be kept in a cool dark place with moderate humidity. I've found a roll or two of that antique stuff in a box that was stored in a closet. Had it developed and found I had taken it 6-8 years earlier. The prints weren't the best, but not because of the film. I didn't know about composition and stuff back then.

As I see it you need to do three things.

One, take tons of digital pictures of her as she grows up of her doing everything. Even things as mundane as taking on the phone or engaged in a TV show. Every now and then I take a little time to look at photos I've taken years ago. I know, it's something women do but I enjoy it.

Two, be sure to back them up on a regular basis. You don't want a massive collection of your best shots being wiped out on a bad drive.

Three, share them with us!

Some women saw their dads very infrequently growing up but cherished every moment with them. Their dads didn't dump tons of money on them trying to out do their moms. They just spent quality time together. As Willow gets older, even getting to help you wash dinner dishes can be a very fond memory for her.

I'm not sure what your situation is, but here's hoping you get more Willow time. Maybe you can score more time by offering her mom CDs with all the photos you take when Willow's with you? She's a real cutie. :)
                                                      • 27. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                        > I still have a box with about 15 un developed films in from years ago. I havnt got a clue whats on most of them any more.

those are fun. be careful who you view them with the 1st time! :)
                                                        • 28. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                          LOL
                                                          • 29. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                            Community Member
                                                            > As I see it you need to do three things....

What thoughtful advice! I am in full agreement about how wonderful digital cameras are: you can guiltlessly take hundreds and hundred of photos, even of the most mundane things. :)
                                                            • 30. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                              Yes great advice, and some of it i have failed to do before. I lost over a gig of images going back 6 years. I am most gutted about that. So i use all opertunitys to back up when i can where ever i can.

Currently i got a lot of stuff up at the adobe free archive area, but i wont rely on that only.

>Maybe you can score more time by offering her mom CDs

sigh, even only. Im suposed to be metting her today, but she has already blown me out. She wont see me tomoro becasue she is going to church? that must be a long service to take up all day. :-( I will hold out for Monday, but didnt react very well when she cancled on me, so she probably wants to punish me some more.

Good point dave, very good point man :-) i know there is atleast two rolls from Amsterdamn and one from my honney moon.
                                                              • 31. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                                Awesome bro! You both look great.

What a little cutie! (not you) :)
                                                                • 32. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                                  Community Member
                                                                  Having any luck through the courts? It's expensive and can be pretty draining, but they keep the kids best interests in mind and those are seeing BOTH parents as often as possible.
                                                                  • 33. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                                    Community Member
                                                                    >Having any luck through the courts? It's expensive and can be pretty draining, but they keep the kids best interests in mind...

Not to hi-jack or anything, but I just recently went through a custody battle thing in court with the ex and actually beat her! Finally! She's going to have to abide by the court order starting on the first of July! Can't have it her way anymore and yep, she's pretty dang ticked off, but there's really nothing she can do about it. :)

I gotta admit that at one point, things got so frustrating that I was that close to giving up legal custody of him over to her. Glad I had the patience to fight all the way through this. Draining indeed but well worth it!

Don't you go letting her control custody/visitations, Mat. That's your child just as much as it is hers!!
                                                                    • 34. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                                      Community Member
                                                                      Good to hear, Jason. Congratulations on all that hard work paying off.

>That's your child just as much as it is hers!!

They don't seem to be able to grasp that concept though, do they?
                                                                      • 35. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                                        Community Member
                                                                        Thanks!

>They don't seem to be able to grasp that concept though, do they?

Sad, but it's true.
                                                                        • 36. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                                          Community Member
                                                                          That's why I give my dad so much credit. he fought the system here in Texas back in 1981 to get custody of me and my brother. The hoops he had to jump through were huge, but he managed it. Often times the moms are in the wrong and the courts just don't see it.

Congrats on the custody, Jason. I've been the kid on the other end, so just be careful not to let it trickle back to your son. it's always best to take the high road and let him figure out his mother for himself. He will eventually without you having to say a word. (Worked for my dad!)
                                                                          • 37. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                                            Community Member
                                                                            >it's always best to take the high road and let him figure out his mother for himself.

He already did. I put him through tutoring to help improve his grades and counsellings for his attitude and self esteem. He needed to learn that he has a voice, and the right to say certain things to his mum, especially when it comes to issues between households. He understand better now that he has right to say things like "I'm not going to tell dad anything, please tell him yourself".

I hated having her put him in the middle of our fights. But enough about that, this is Matts thread.

Sorry Mat, didn't mean to hi-jack and drivel off into something about my family. Just wanted you to know that there's hope.

>Often times the moms are in the wrong and the courts just don't see it.

And that is why before I went through all of this, I had an attitude like "Why bother? The ***** is going to win and get her way anyhow. The courts always favor the mom" and all that. That's not good, bro.
                                                                            • 38. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                                              <shep> Community Member
                                                                              Good man, Jason.
                                                                              :)
                                                                              • 39. Re: Wind in the willows
                                                                                Community Member
                                                                                >I gotta admit that at one point, things got so frustrating that I was that close to giving up legal custody of him over to her. Glad I had the patience to fight all the way through this. Draining indeed but well worth it!

that could be hell but that's a very wonderful thing you did! you should be proud!

good on you!
                                                                                • 1 2 3 Previous Next