Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NOTHING or wrong info in LINK VIEW

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2006 Jul 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH HTML x4.1.

I have taken a project over from a previous writer (no longer with the company). I have found MANY "orphaned" topics with no real links to anything else. In addition, I am changing many of the topic names, etc. I am trying to verify any links that belong to existing topics, but when i click the Link View tab, a VERY generalized link shows... and doesn't include the actual links that exist in the topic.

Even in NEW topics or new links i've created, this is the condition... NOTHING is showing in the Link View (e.g., it shows the default main topic that appears when the project is compiled with a generic topic linked to it... but NOTHING that represents the actual links or topics i'm using. I have hundreds of links established between and among the various topics.

Can you please tell me why this might be happening and if it can or cannot be fixed?

THANKS!

Kelley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelley

Yes, Link View is a strange beast. One would expect to click the tab and immediately see links to/from the topic currently in the WYSIWYG editor. Unfortunately, it wasn't designed that way.

One way to use it is to display the view, then one-by-one drag topics from the Explorer or Project view into the Link View pane and drop them.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
RICK! YOU ARE A GENIUS!

this works perfectly and gives me the info I need! THANKS...

it has been awhile since i've used RH... but i thought that in the versions i used previously that the "link view" did automatically give you the links... however... the drag and drop thing is fine... and will make my life MUCH EASIER!

THANKS AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp