• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is WYSIWYG incompatible with Vista?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows Vista with MS Word 2003 and installed RoboHelp X5. When I opened my project that I had been editing on a Windows XP machine with the same version of Word, I get a warning: "Unable to load component 4." The project then loads but the WYSIWYG tab isn't visible and when I double-click on a topic to view it, it opens in my internet browser.
I have installed the X5.0.1 update, this did not fix the problem, I then installed X5.0.2 update and this didn't help either.

Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

X5 is not supported on Vista. However look in Snippets on my site. There is some informtion about RoboHelp and Vista.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying there's no way I can get the WYSIWYG back up with Vista? Even with another version of Word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am not saying anything other than Adobe will not provide official support so I have posted what I have seen. I am not going to run Vista right now so I can't comment. However, from the post http://tinyurl.com/3ykls7, it does look as if people have been able to make it run.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp