• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not refocusing to Selected topic

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2007 Mar 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The show button works well on my local system. It doesn't work so well on my server. Could someone pls send suggestions? I have tried the Sync TOC option but it still does not work.

1-6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the topic that is not showing as synced in a long list that is below the visible topics. In other words if you scroll down the topics in the list you would find it highlighted.

Post back to confirm that is the problem or describe the issue. "Doesn't work so well" could describe a number of issues.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats correct. The topic is not showing highlighted. It work for some but not for others. I just recently changed skins but I don't see that causing any problems. Some of them work and some them don't.

1-6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean it is not highlighted or it is not showing on screen until you scroll down? See Snippet 49 on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its is more like Snippet 1. I use a link to go directly to the topic (i.e Help About This Page) . Once a user selects that link the topic comes up without the nav. There is a Show link that comes up. When I click on the Show link, the whole robohel app. is opened with the nav but the Topic is not highlighted and the book is not opened. The topic is there it just don't autosync. Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2007 Mar 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your output files in the /whxdata folder. In a large help project, the XML for the table of contents may be broken out into multiple files. whtdata0.xml will contain <chunk> references to the other files. In my situation, the TOC would not sync with any topic nested in whtdata1.xml, whtdata2.xml, .... I ran through some of their java and you can see some behavioral differences in /whthost.js -> expandToc when it tries to sync a topic included through the <chunk> reference. I manually merged whtdata1.xml, whtdata2.xml, ... into whtdata0.xml and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Compeat01and welcome to our community

I'm not ragging on you, but you need to know that what you are describing is a manual and cumbersome way to accomplish something you may much more easily accomplish via the RoboHelp HTML dialogs. You simply edit the properties of the WebHelp layout by Right-clicking and selecting Properties or Double-clicking the layout. Then click Next > until you see the WebHelp Options screen. Once there, you change the option from "Web Site (Internet)" to "Local PC or Intranet (Internal Network)".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks,

Changing the speed optimization setting did indeed force RoboHelp to build a single TOC XML file rather than manually having to construct the file post-deployment. I'd unfortunately already spent some time writing a tool to merge the files automatically, but live and learn. I'm not terribly(at all) familiar with the RoboHelp software, just the resulting output; but it would be helpful for future WebHelp authors to be aware of the problems with TOC synchronizations while using the default project settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the trick for merged webhelp, I believe it also applies to single webhelp projects?

We call our help so that the whole nav pane and toolbar open with the CSH topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp