Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows NT Authentication

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2006 Aug 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,
I am new to coldfusion; I have successfully setup Mx coldfusion 7, IIS 5.1. Now my client has requirement to incorporate windows NT authentication to his site. What i did for this is just edit the site settings in IIS and i choose the Integrated windows authentication access method. so now when the user logs in to window he can directly login to the site. <h>Okay this fine, but please guide if am doing wrong or if there is some good way.</h>

Now the problem is the this my client want to track the unsuccessfull attempts for login of of the users. I have surfed alot but i couldn't find any suitable information to get the user name and pass entered by user to prompt box.

means how to read user name and password from a prompt box that display incase of Integrated windows authentication?

I have tried to explain it best but please ask if you don't understand the problem,

please help me in this regards.

Thanks in advance,
Shahid
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the variable #cgi.logon_user#

that will display the domain user name (but not the password) of the person accessing the site. This is assuming you have IIS set to integrated windows authentication with anonymous access disabled.

Tectionary.Com
A Dictionary of Technical Terms that Anyone can Edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response,

yes, you are right, but once i get login to site i have user login id but not the password, where my client requirement is when user type incorrect information it should be log into database. So the problem is that i cannot get the incorrect information typed by user to log it in database

Please help me out,
Shahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2006 Aug 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Have you tried decoding this value...

<cfset ntlm = GetHttpRequestData().headers.Authorization />

I think it's encoded as Base64?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation