18 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2009 6:54 AM by siamlily RSS

Photoshop CS4 - File Type Associations and Bridge CS4

Community Member
      I have both Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Elements 7.0 installed on my PC running Windows Vista Home Premium, I removed Photoshop CS3 after installing CS4. The issue I have is that if I look at file associations in Bridge CS4 under Preferences, none of the file types are set to Photoshop CS4, they are set to either Explorer or Photoshop Elements 7.0. The even stranger thing is also that if I try to change the associations, Photoshop CS4 is not even displayed as an option, as Photoshop Elements 7.0 always is, I have to browse in order to find it. This works, but I find it strange. Also within Windows none of the file associations are set to Photoshop CS4 after installation, I have to change them manually, again by browsing for it. I remember that in previous installs of Photoshop there was the possibility to change or use default file associtions, does CS4 have this? I guess this is not really a problem, but I find it somewhat strange that Elements 7.0 is always offered as an option but not CS4 and makes me feel it hasn't installed properly. Anyone have any ideas?