• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ajaxCFC data writing to wrong fields

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer update form populated by the CFC page, the code for the update button is as follows... (messy I know) - I have tried doing this with a javascript -> coldfusion array but I was getting a dereference scalar error.

<input type="button" value="Update Customer" onclick="updateCustomer(<cfoutput>'#arguments.cst_id#'</cfoutput>, fetchElement('new_title').value, fetchElement('new_firstname').value, fetchElement('new_lastname').value, fetchElement('new_address').value, fetchElement('new_city').value, fetchElement('new_postcode').value, fetchElement('new_phone').value, fetchElement('new_phone2').value, fetchElement('new_fax').value, fetchElement('new_email').value, fetchElement('new_details').value, fetchElement('new_creditlimit').value, fetchElement('new_creditperiod').value, fetchElement('new_creditstop').value, fetchElement('new_discount').value)"/>

the updateCustomer function is as follows

function updateCustomer(cst_id, cst_title, cst_firstname, cst_lastname, cst_address, cst_city, cst_postcode, cst_phone, cst_phone2, cst_fax, cst_email, cst_details, cst_creditlimit, cst_creditperiod, cst_creditstop, cst_discount) {

// send data to CF
DWREngine._execute(_ajaxConfig._cfscriptLocation, null, 'updateCustomer', cst_id, cst_title, cst_firstname, cst_lastname, cst_address, cst_city, cst_postcode, cst_phone, cst_phone2, cst_fax, cst_email, cst_details, cst_creditlimit, cst_creditperiod, cst_creditstop, cst_discount, updateCustomerResults);
}

// call back function
function updateCustomerResults (r) {
// evaluate server side JS
eval(r);
}

If I put an alert(cst_id); etc... I can confirm the correct fields are passed to the function.

But when this code runs through the ajaxCFC stuff it comes out the other end all wrong! the cst_phone is updating the cst_creditlimit etc.. I think it's the ajaxCFC software because I get argument errors if I pass a string through the cst_phone it tells me cst_creditlimit requires numeric. The arguments are in the same order as the javascript function uses.

The beginning of my CFC function is as follows

<cffunction name="updateCustomer" output="no" access="private">
<cfargument name="cst_id" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_title" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_firstname" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_lastname" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_address" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_city" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_postcode" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_phone" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_phone2" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_fax" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_email" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_details" type="string" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_creditlimit" type="numeric" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_creditperiod" type="numeric" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_creditstop" type="numeric" required="Yes">
<cfargument name="cst_discount" type="numeric" required="Yes">

Any ideas? thanks.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2007 Mar 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've narrowed this down. There appears to be a problem when I get above 10 variables..

The following works as expected.

DWREngine._execute(_ajaxConfig._cfscriptLocation, null, 'updateCustomer', cst_id, 'Miss', 'Anne', 'McCarthy', 'address', 'town', 'postcode', '01386 xxxxxx', '07973 xxxxxx', 'na', updateCustomerResults);

In the following 'test' adds itself before 'Anne' and pushes everything along one field.

DWREngine._execute(_ajaxConfig._cfscriptLocation, null, 'updateCustomer', cst_id, 'Miss', 'Anne', 'McCarthy', 'address', 'town', 'postcode', '01386 xxxxxx', '07973 xxxxxx', 'na', 'test', updateCustomerResults);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation