Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking cfgrids

New Here ,
May 06, 2006 May 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with this one. I have a cfform with a cfgrid built in that displays the results of a query that shows sizes we stock. This works fine and looks great - i do like the cfgrid.

However I would like to have a second cfgrid on the same form that would display the items we have in that size. In my head this should work by using the selectedItem as the WHERE in the query for the second cfgrid. I have tried this but it doesn't work.

WHERE DIMENSIONS="{stock.selectedItem.SIZE_OR_DIMENSIONS}"

I think this is probably because I need to update the data once the item has been selected?

The above may be completely wrong - if someone could enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Peter
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 08, 2006 May 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but you can do this quite easily if you don't mind using frames. Just make the action page of the selection from your first cfgrid the bottom frame of your page, and then display your second crgrid there.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2006 May 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Peter, you didn't indicate what type of CFFORM you're using, but if it is a Flash-style form, you might take a look at something from the helpful folks at the ASFusion blog

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation