Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2007 Mar 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The options provided are:
- Load the recordings from another file
- Continue without the recordings for these slides
- Cancel the current operation and return to PowerPoint

The second option "continue without recordings" does not--it only continues after deleting whatever files are there!!!

If one cancels the current operation--the audio files are still removed!

BIG BUG!

I needed to include a few slides from an old presentation and wanted to publish a review copy without the new audio... instead it's back to square one. It should allow you to continue with the ppc file as it is, the warning is helpful, but I don't see why is should delete my audio with no path for recovering the file. It should at the very least back up my ppc file or put it in the trash.
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2007 Mar 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ran into this problem as well. Here is what we did to fix it - publish to C Drive, copy and paste from there to Server page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a frustration. But, after having this happen a couple times, I found a remedy:

When publishing, presenter creates a file, data, in the same folder where you published. Withing the folder, data, you'll find all of your audio files, named, for example, "a24x1x1", "a24x2x1", etc.

Here's what you do: Using "Insert" from the PowerPoint menu bar (not Presenter menu, but PowerPoint menu; important), insert each sound into its respective appropriate slide, one by one; selecting "Automatic" when asked when the sound should play each time.

When you are done inserting all of your sounds, now go to the Presenter options. From their click the import sounds icon (near the microphone button). When the dialogue box opens, choose "Import sounds from slides". Click Okay in the next dialogue box.

That's it! You tricked Presenter into thinking you were importing embedded sounds from the PowerPoint when, really, it was importing the sounds it had made itself, earlier.

It's tedious, I know. But not nearly tedious as re-recording hours of audio and voice.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For what it's worth, this sounds like the main issue the update to Presenter 7.0.1 fixed. Use the help menu and check for updated option to get it or you can get it from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4005

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources