• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets in Robohelp

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2007 Mar 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently evaluating Robohelp 6.0. I'd like to know the best way to include repeatable text in topics?
I am quite familiar with Flare application; flare uses snippets for that. Is there an analog to Flare's snippets in Robohelp?

Regards,
Natalie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2007 Mar 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natalie and welcome to the RH community. In RHX6 there is a user defined variable feature that allows you to enter a variable for text strings. This has the advantage of allowing you to change the variable and automatically update all instances of it. Other than that a tool such as Macro Express is a good bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2007 Mar 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

My team uses version X5, so we can't use the method that Colum described. Instead, we create a separate topic, then insert popup links to that topic.

Suggestions:
The popup topics can use a different CSS (for example, giving them a lightly colored background).
Popup topics may or may not include a heading (H1 tag).
You can save all the popup topics in a separate folder.
You can create a Glossary topic using these popup topics. (We don't use RH's glossary functionality, due to its various deficiencies.)

Hope this helps. It works great for us.

Regards,
Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp